You need to log in to create posts and topics.

What do you want to see next for A&A?

Hi all, Fitz here. Thought I'd kick off an A&A conversation to see if folks were interested in discussing the future of the game.

If you could have any supplement, what would it be for the game? Items? Adventures? Aliens? Creatures? World books?

We have a couple of things in the works before the end of this year - a world to explore and an adventure in the Stellar Graveyard - but there is so much more to tap into!

Let us know and let's start a wish list so we know what's on YOUR minds!

--Fitz (Moebius Adventures, Aliens & Asteroids)

Hello,

I was looking to scratch my Xenomorph style gameplay and came across this fantastic book.

One thing that is certainly missing from the book are methods of transportation, sure you can flip through a gate from one region to another but what about getting the poor mobile infantry around from place to place?

So I'd love to see vehicle rules, including how to handle them in combat.

Hey @GeneralTangent!

First, thanks for chiming in on this topic! I'm excited to hear that Aliens & Asteroids is going to hopefully scratch your Xenomorph itch!

Second, yes, transportation was definitely omitted from the first book. When we discussed it initially, we just didn't have a clear grasp of what vehicle rules might look like. As a result, during playtesting, we simply used the idea of a dropship, shuttle, or larger naval vessel to ferry the PCs from place to place. Depending on the rough distances (in my head), it would be anywhere from one BANCE gate hop to several and then one or more days' travel on to the destination. To be frank, we did a lot of hand waving. It saved us some headaches.

Funny enough, one of our playtesters is currently trying out a new system that she's used to run ship combat in a new campaign she's running. We are fine tuning it a bit, but I suspect it will make it into a future book in some form when it's complete. Ship construction rules then would be something similar to what we did with Drones in the book, to keep things simple.

As far as rough ideas go, the Inverse20 system is extremely easy to tease out various aspects of combat and task resolution, so you could go with simple Athletics (think Hand-Eye Coordination) for piloting or Accuracy for manned cannons (like the blasters on the Millennium Falcon), or  you could use Education (Astrophysics helps too) with navigation and plotting of courses... Technicians come in handy for repairing ship systems as well.

There are a lot of things to suss out in the current ship combat rules, but when we get some things together we may share some testable rules for folks to try at the table if you are interested!

Thanks again and I look forward to hearing about your adventures!

--Fitz

Quote from Fitz on September 15, 2018, 10:04 pm

Hey @GeneralTangent!

First, thanks for chiming in on this topic! I'm excited to hear that Aliens & Asteroids is going to hopefully scratch your Xenomorph itch!

Second, yes, transportation was definitely omitted from the first book. When we discussed it initially, we just didn't have a clear grasp of what vehicle rules might look like. As a result, during playtesting, we simply used the idea of a dropship, shuttle, or larger naval vessel to ferry the PCs from place to place. Depending on the rough distances (in my head), it would be anywhere from one BANCE gate hop to several and then one or more days' travel on to the destination. To be frank, we did a lot of hand waving. It saved us some headaches.

Funny enough, one of our playtesters is currently trying out a new system that she's used to run ship combat in a new campaign she's running. We are fine tuning it a bit, but I suspect it will make it into a future book in some form when it's complete. Ship construction rules then would be something similar to what we did with Drones in the book, to keep things simple.

As far as rough ideas go, the Inverse20 system is extremely easy to tease out various aspects of combat and task resolution, so you could go with simple Athletics (think Hand-Eye Coordination) for piloting or Accuracy for manned cannons (like the blasters on the Millennium Falcon), or  you could use Education (Astrophysics helps too) with navigation and plotting of courses... Technicians come in handy for repairing ship systems as well.

There are a lot of things to suss out in the current ship combat rules, but when we get some things together we may share some testable rules for folks to try at the table if you are interested!

Thanks again and I look forward to hearing about your adventures!

--Fitz

I can't wait to see what the vehicle rules look like.

CONTACT

SAY HELLO!

14 + 9 =