Gallant Knight Games is happy to announce the Swordpoint Jam!
A year ago, we published our swashbuckling zine Swordpoint, a d100 minimalist take on classic adventures in the 1600s-1700s! It was a fun side product for the GKG team that let us stretch some new skills (Alan started learning layout, so that’s been….a thing), and as we worked over the last year towards the upcoming deluxe edition (with real art, layout and more adventures), we decided a creators jam was the best way to celebrate.
Swashbuckling RPGs are a lot of fun, and we want to celebrate that high-stakes, high-octane, cinematic adventure with the community!
So, without further ado, here are the rules for the SWORDPOINT JAM!
- Submissions must make use of the Swordpoint OGL and compatibility license.
- Submissions must be original and created for the jam.
- Multiple submissions are a-ok!
- Submissions can be released where and how you want (DTRPG, itch.io, your own webstore, carrd.co), and priced how you want (we want you to charge for your work, though you don’t have to.
- Please be clear about any concerns with content. Swordpoint is supposed to be fun, light-hearted and dramatic, so lean into those elements of swashbuckling adventure!
- Please be respectful in your material, obey all applicable laws, terms of service and such things.
- If you Tweet or post about it, please use the hashtag #SwordpointJam so we can find it and share! We’re excited to see what you create.
- The Jam will run until the end of April, specifically April 30th, 2022 (04/30/2022), though obviously the compatibility license will remain in effect long past that!
Yochai Gal has compiled a great list of public domain art, much of which is suitable for Swordpoint. You can find that list HERE on their website! There’s also loads of public domain art in other places, as well as stock art and other sources for suitable art!
You can join us on the GKG Discord in the Swordpoint channel to talk about these games! Use THIS LINK to join us!
Other Fun Stuff!
Throughout the jam, we’ll be spotlighting clever or fun creations, highlighting favorite swashbuckling media (books, movies and more), and trying to have a good time! We hope you’ll join us.
This is our first attempt at a jam like this over at GKG, so we’re learning as we go! If you have feedback or want to reach out to use, simply find us in our Discord or on Twitter (@GallantKGames) and we’ll do our best to engage!
- Alan & The GKG Team